Started on November 19th, 2002, by Linux enthusiasts, the Beijing GNU/Linux User Group – aka BLUG – has now become a very influential group in the realm of Linux and Free and Open Source in China. We have attracted numerous community members, developers and staff of companies using or developing Linux and Open Source. We have also been rewarded with several titles of honor and awards for our contributions and efforts. Do take the time to browse our site to better understand what we have done in the past, what we’re working on now and how to join us in our various activities.
It is now important to state that the BLUG is a Chinese and English speaking open-for-all non-profit organization promoting and supporting the Linux community in China.
The Beijing GNU/Linux User Group has as goals to:
- Act as an advocate for the private and business Linux communities of Beijing, China
- Provide education for those that wish to introduce Linux to their home or office
- Offer support to those that are already using Linux
- Create an inviting social environment for Linux discussions (see events)
- Help organize technical developments that solve problems particular to Linux use in China
- Beijing GNU/Linux User Group is an interest group composed of Linux hobbyists, professionals and new comers and is a place where members share their experience and knowledge of Linux.
- Everybody is welcome to be a member of BLUG without regard to nationality, gender, color, race, religion, language or any other affiliations, political or otherwise.
- When the group meets, Linux and technology relating to Linux is the ONLY thing discussed. This also applies to the BBS located on our site or any mailing list that originates from within the group.
- BLUG is a non-profit organization.
- BLUG is not bound to any company vendor or specific Linux Distributor. However, we do depend on companies with an interest in the group to pay for the nominal costs to support the group.
- The group meets on the second Tuesday of every month at 7pm. The location may vary, so please contact us via Mailing Lists or webIRC.
The following are on-duty maintainers of BLUG. If you have any question, please contact them for detail (IRC nickname list here).
- biergaizi (GPG:
- eMBee (GPG:
- persmule (GPG:
- tonghuix (GPG: